The countdown for the 2015 Walk for Children with Apraxia of Speech is ON! With just a few more days before the big event, here is some more information for participants.
If you intend to participate on Saturday, you MUST be registered. You can do this either online prior to September 24th, or in person, on Saturday, September 26th. Parking is free at Riverside park. When you arrive, you will be directed by friendly faces in the parking lot inside the park, near the carousel.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- Registration & Check-In open; t-shirt pick-up (if you registered prior to Aug 23rd; after that first come, first serve)
- Visits with Guelph Firetruck, Spiderman
- Free face painting & entertainment
- Check out the Apraxia resource area
- Network with others – check out the map and add your information for others
- Get your questions about CAS answered with available SLPs
- Opening Ceremonies & Medal Ceremony
- <1km walk [walk route will be marked; out park, down Marilyn Drive, along Woolwich Street, back into the park]
After the Walk
- Closing ceremonies
- Light refreshments provided by Eggcetra Restaurant & Deli, Sweet Bliss Baking Company, Tim Hortons, Sweet Temptations Cupcakery, Decadently Yours, & Wellington Cakes [vegetarian sandwich/wraps available; gluten-free vegan cupcakes available.
Please join our Facebook Group to stay in touch with the Guelph Walk for Children with Apraxia community!!! (or search “Guelph Walk for Children with Apraxia”)